Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Strange...strange...strange....

First Ed McMahon, then Farrah Fawcett, and then Michael Jackson......

So when I received about 6 texts and 2 voicemails on Sunday, I knew something else had happened.

The news hit me hard and saddened me when I heard that legendary "pitchman" Billy Mays had passed away on Sunday. He was one of those TV personalities that I really enjoyed. Some people could not stand the way he screamed at them during his infomericials where he pitched products such as Oxiclean, OrangeGlo, Mighty Mendit, etc. But I on the other hand thought he was really entertaining and they always brought a smile to my face.

I had just landed a couple of gigs where I was impersonating Billy for various businesses. I had a lot of fun doing them and trying to emulate Billy. There's that old saying that "imitation is the best form of flattery"...I think they're right....

No comments:

Post a Comment